Friday, March 13, 2020

Course Topics and Service Learning



I am learning a lot in this class and I am able to see how it relates to real-life experiences in the classroom by participating in Service Learning. For instance, I saw a cooperating teacher coordinating with a student teacher about the social studies standards that they would be teaching. That taught me how important Standards are and how they are implemented in the classroom.

Blogging has encouraged me to consider how I could implement what I am learning in my Service Learning experience. It has helped me make connections to important concepts such as classroom environment and teacher-student interactions that I may not have remembered if I had not recorded them.

When I wrote my first blog I hadn't spent any time with the cooperating teacher in the classroom. I didn't know what to expect with the experience. I was very rusty working with kids in the classroom and was hoping that I would learn a lot that would help me when I went back to teaching. The experience was invaluable. I discovered that I really enjoy working with kids and have a knack for connecting with them. I learned so many new techniques for teaching, setting up a classroom, using a variety of resources, classroom management, testing and using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment